These blueberry homemade dog muffins are a great treat. Made with fresh blueberries, apple sauce rice flour and oats, they are a healthy treat.
The best thing about making dog muffins is that you know exactly what the ingredients are and that they are safe for your dogs.
This was the first time that I've baked dog muffins for my dogs and they went crazy for them. Even Pixie who is not a big fan of fruit.
Are blueberries safe for dogs?
Dogs can safely enjoy this superfood and enjoy the health benefits of blueberries. High in antioxidants and vitamin A, C, E and K, blueberries are a great treat for your dogs.
How to make blueberry dog muffins
This is a one bowl recipe and very easy to make. The ingredients used are:
- Oats - rolled
- Applesauce (homemade)
- Rice flour
- Banana, ripe
To store, keep them in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last a week.
Other dog friendly flours can be used if you don't have rice flour.
More dog cakes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Dog Blueberry Muffins
- 1 banana ripe
- 2 medium eggs beaten
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with greaseproof muffins.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana.
- Add the eggs and applesauce and mix well.
- Stir in the oats and rice flour and add the water.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes until firm.
- Allow to cool before the dogs can have a muffin treat.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.