Step into the world of delightful homemade treats for your furry friend with these grain-free banana strawberry dog treats. This recipe is designed specifically for a Dash Dog Treat Maker, ensuring easy and quick preparation. Your pup will be wagging their tail in anticipation as the delicious aroma fills the air.
My dogs loved these and they smelt good enough to eat when baking too. I love how quick and easy the treats cook in a Dash maker too.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Are bananas good for dogs?
Bananas can be a healthy and nutritious treat for dogs when given in moderation. Bananas are a good source of essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. They are also high in fiber, which can aid in digestion.
Remember to go slowly when introducing new foods. And we recommend checking with your veterinarian first if your dog has any digestive issues or other health concerns.
What is a Dash Dog Treat Maker?
The Dash Dog Treat Maker is a small kitchen appliance designed specifically for making homemade dog treats. It is a compact and user-friendly device that allows you to bake dog treats easily and quickly.
The Dash Dog Treat Maker typically consists of a non-stick cooking surface with several cavities shaped like bones, paws, or other dog-related designs. These cavities create perfectly shaped treats that are appealing to both dogs and their owners.
This is an easy 4 ingredient dog treats recipe.
- Banana - ensure it is ripe to mash easily.
- Eggs - a great source of protein.
- Strawberries - Strawberries are low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, folate, and potassium.
- Rice flour - Rice flour can be a suitable option for dogs with certain dietary needs or sensitivities. It is a gluten-free alternative to wheat flour, making it a good choice for dogs that have allergies or sensitivities to gluten or grains.
How to Make Banana Strawberry Dog Treats
To use the Dash Dog Treat Maker, you typically preheat the device according to the manufacturer's instructions. Then, you prepare your dog treat batter or dough and fill the cavities with the mixture. Close the lid and allow the treats to bake for the recommended time, which is usually short due to the small size of the treats. Once baked, you remove the treats from the cavities and allow them to cool before serving them to your dog.
All ingredients in the bowl.
Mix into a dough.
Place the batter into the Dash treat maker.
Cook until golden.
Ensure that the strawberries are finely chopped to fit into the Dash dog treat maker.
The rice flour can be substituted with wholewheat flour, oat flour or almond flour.
Can These Strawberry Dog Treats Be Baked?
If you don't have a Dash dog treat maker, these banana strawberry dog treats can be baked in the oven. Shape the dough into small circles, and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 20-25 minutes at 200C/400F degrees.
Once baked and cooled, store these homemade dog treats in the fridge in a sealed container. They should last up to a week.
More Dash Dog Treat Maker Recipes
These recipes can also be baked in the oven but try the Dash Dog treat maker for quick and easy bone shaped dog treats.
Banana Strawberry Dog Treats
- 1 banana
- 3 large strawberries finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup rice flour
- Start by preheating your Dash Dog Treat Maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. While it's heating up, gather all the ingredients and make sure they are properly measured and prepared.
- Peel the ripe bananas and place them in a mixing bowl. Using a fork or a potato masher, mash the bananas until they form a smooth, lump-free puree.
- Add the egg and mash into the banana mixture.
- Take the diced strawberries and add them to the banana puree. Gently fold them in until they are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. The vibrant red strawberries will add a burst of color and sweetness to the treats.
- Add the rice flour and mix into a dough.
- Take a large walnut sized amount of the dough and roll into a log. Gently place into the Dash treat maker, and repeat until all bone shaped holes are filled.
- Close the lid and allow the treats to bake for 3 to 5 minutes until golden and firm.
- Once the treats are baked to perfection, carefully remove them from the Dash Dog Treat Maker and transfer them to a wire rack. Allow the treats to cool completely before serving them to your pup
Leave a Reply