This chicken pumpkin dog food recipe is a simple recipe with just 3 ingredients. Boiled brown rice and pumpkin are added to chicken breast chunks cooked in coconut oil.
The combination of chicken breast, pumpkin and rice can help with a dog with an upset stomach.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PUMPKIN DOG FOOD
Fresh pumpkin is used but you could use homemade pumpkin puree too. Pumpkin is a great source of fiber for dogs too.
Brown rice can be swapped with white rice if your dog is having digestive issues and you need a meal easy on their stomach. The rice is cooked by itself and then added to the remaining cooked ingredients.
When chopping the pumpkin and chicken into pieces, try to keep them the same size.
Ground chicken could be used in place of the chicken breasts.
Cook the rice, pumpkin and chicken at the same time for a quicker meal.
Keep cooked brown rice in the freezer in an airlock bag or container for quick dog dinners.
If you need a blander dish or reduced calories for your dog, boil the chicken pieces in water rather than frying them in coconut oil.
MORE HOMEMADE DOG FOOD RECIPES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Chicken Pumpkin Dog Food
- 4 chicken breasts skinless & boneless
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup pumpkin chopped into pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Cook the Rice
- Place the brown rice and 2 cups water in a small sauce and bring to the boil. Cover, turn the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- Set aside to cool.
Cook the Pumpkin
- Place the pumpkin in a medium saucepan and add water to cover the pumpkin. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
Cook the Chicken
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium frying pan or skillet on a medium heat. Add the chicken breast and cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Mix all the ingredients together and dinner is ready!
Wendy Myers says
Just wondering if you might have a recipe using beef liver?
We have our liver cake: https://pawsomerecipes.com/liver-cake-for-dogs/