Tails will wag when you serve this beef stew for dogs as a tasty dinner. Chunks of stewing beef are cooked with carrots, sweet potato and broccoli.
Serve by itself or with a side of cooked brown rice or healthy kibble for a hearty dinner.
Just 4 ingredients plus the cooking oil and water are all you need to make this homemade stew for dogs.
- Stewing beef chunks
- Sweet potato
HOW TO COOK BEEF STEW FOR DOGS
This dog food recipe is very similar to a humans in that the beef is seared, then added to vegetables and boiled in a pot.
The biggest difference in this homemade dog food recipe to ours is that there is no stock. When cooking a stew for a dog, avoid any stock cubes or stock as it is of no benefit to the dog. The stock may have ingredients such as garlic or onions that are not advisable to be consumed by dogs.
This recipe could be cooked in an instant pot or slow cooker too.
The broccoli can be swapped with peas or green beans.
Store the leftover beef stew in the fridge in a sealed container. It should last for 3 days.
Leftovers can be frozen. Defrost thoroughly before warming to serve.
MORE HOMEMADE BEEF DOG FOOD RECIPES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Beef Stew for Dogs
- 1 lb stewing beef chunks
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 carrot
- 1 broccoli
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- Cut the beef into small, bitesize chunks
- Peel and dice the sweet potato into small chunks (similar in size to the beef).
- Peel and dice the carrot.
- Chop the broccoli into pieces, including the stem.
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium saucepan on a medium heat.
- Add the beef chunks and lightly saute for 5 minutes until there is no pink.
- Add in the diced vegetables and water and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetable are cooked through.
- Allow to cool before serving.