These easy homemade salmon cat treats are a grain free and healthy treat for your cats. Made with just a few ingredients your feline friend will love these fishy treats.
Making your own cat treats is a cheap and healthy option and gives you control of the ingredients your fluffy balls of joy consume too.
These cat treats were devoured by our cats as they are huge fans of salmon. The salmon used for these treats is canned with all its juices.
Can Cats Eat Canned Salmon?
Canned salmon can be given to a cat but with everything in a tin, check the ingredients. The salmon should be free of additional ingredients. Salmon is full of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins which is great for your cat's health and immune but cats should not over indulgence in salmon.
How to make homemade salmon cat treats
All you need to make this cat treat recipe is a food processor and a small cookie cutter. Processing the salmon in the blender makes sure that any bones in the can are crushed and not a problem for the cats.
For the flour I used is rice flour as it is gluten free and neutral tasting. Other flours such as oat, coconut or flaxseed meal would work too but you will need to adjust the quantity.
To cut out the fish shapes I used a cutter from Amazon. Any other small cookie cutter could be used or you could cut squares from the dough with a sharp knife.
More Cat Treat Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Salmon Cat Treats
- 1 14.75 oz canned salmon
- 1 medium egg
- 2 cups rice flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Place the canned salmon with the tinned liquid into a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Add the egg and flour and process until you have a dough.
- Remove the dough and roll out in between two layers of parchment paper. If the dough is too sticky, sprinkle rice flour over the parchment paper and rolling pin.
- Roll out to about ¼ inch thick and cut shapes with your cookie cutter or manually cut small squares out.
- Place the cut treats onto the baking tin and bake for 20 minutes, turning over half way through for even cooking.
- Remove and cool.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
How many degrecelcius and how many minutes should be used for bake this recipe ?
Makes over 100 treats. The serving is for 4 treats. Bake for 20 minutes, turning them over half way through baking.