Baked pumpkin banana dog treats are made with just 4 ingredients and are also gluten free and egg free.
My dogs love bananas and pumpkin so a baked treat using both as ingredients was made! A nutritious and tasty fruit and vegetable treat that can be used for training.
These treats are not hard and crunchy or very soft but somewhere in between the two! I found that they hardened slightly after being stored in the fridge.
How to make pumpkin banana dog treats.
For this recipe I mixed everything by hand in a bowl. I had initially tried to make the mixer in blender but was left with a sticky mess.
All you need for this homemade dog treat recipe is:
- Bananas - ripe and soft so that they can be mashed easily
- Pumpkin - I used my homemade pumpkin puree. The pumpkin needs to be cooked and mashed.
- Flaxseed meal - the addition of flaxseed is great for the dogs coats and skin. My dogs love flaxseed too!
- Coconut Flour - This is great for absorbing liquid and you only need a small amount compared to other flours.
Can these dog treats be frozen?
This recipe made a large batch of treats but I was using a small cookie cutter! They can be frozen if you need to ration out the treats or store them for another day.
More baked dog treats to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Pumpkin Banana Dog Treats
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mash the bananas.
- Add the pumpkin puree and stir.
- Add the flaxseed meal and coconut flour and mix to make a dough. Add more flour if the mixture is too sticky.
- Roll the dough out in between two layers of parchment paper.
- Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. The time of baking will depend upon the size of treats cut out.
- Allow to cool before the treats are given out.