Only 4 ingredients make these homemade tuna dog treats. Quick and easy to make in under 30 minutes. These are also grain free, being made with ground flaxseed and coconut flour.
Your dogs will love these homemade treats and they can be a great treat to use for training too. You can see how focused Teddy is when one of the bone shaped treats is held in front of him.
How to make dog treats using tuna
A food processor is best for this recipe as the eggshell is used and needs to be as ground up as you can.
The ingredients used
- Canned tuna - use in water
- Eggs - The shells are also used for their calcuim content
- Flaxseed meal - I used golden but brown flaxseed meal can be used.
- Coconut flour - this can substituted with almond or rice flour.
Store in the fridge in a sealed container. They should last a week.
If you don't have a food processor and want to make this in a bowl, replace the eggshells with powdered eggshells.
Always check with your veterinarian before introducing any new foods into your dog’s diet.
More homemade dog treat recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Homemade Tuna Dog Treats
- Preheat the oven to 190C/350F degrees.
- Drain the tinned tuna from the water
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Remove from the processor and firm into a dough. You may need to add more coconut flour.
- Roll out in between two layers of parchment paper to about 1 cm thick.
- Using a cookie cutter cut out the cookies.
- Place the cookies on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden, flipping over half-way through baking.
- Allow to cool before giving out a treat!