For a special treat, give your dogs these mango chicken breast dog treats. With just 3 ingredients these all natural dog treats can be baked or air fried.
Many chicken breast dog treats are dehydrated to make jerk but we have kept the breasts cooked as we would eat them.
IS CHICKEN BREAST GOOD FOR DOGS?
Chicken breast is an excellent source of protein for dogs and is low in fat and sodium. High in omega 6 and glucosamine, chicken is great for your dogs skin and coat.
Make sure the chicken you purchase is organic and free from chemicals. We use skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
Always check with your veterinarian before introducing any new foods into your dog’s diet.
An easy 3 ingredient dog treats recipe for a special snack.
- The mango skin and stone should be removed as it's only the mango flesh we need for this recipe.
- Turmeric is used for it's anti-inflammatory properties.
HOW TO MAKE MANGO CHICKEN BREAST DOG TREATS
This dog treat recipe has chicken breasts cut into strips, covered in a mango and turmeric mixture and cooked. There are 3 ways you can cook these chicken strips for dogs:
- Air Fry
- Dehydrator - If you use a dehydrator, slice the chicken strips very thinly.
Puree the mango and turmeric until smooth.
Slice the chicken breasts into ½ inch strips (or thinner for a crispier treat).
Cover the chicken strips with the mango sauce.
To bake, place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Or you can air fry the chicken strips
Once cooled, store the chicken in a sealed container in the refrigerator They should keep for up to 4 days if baked or air fried.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Once the chicken is completely cool, they can be frozen. Pop them in a zip lock bag or sealable container and they will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Defrost them thoroughly in the refrigerator be use and gently re-heat them in either the oven or air fryer.
MORE HOMEMADE DOG TREAT RECIPES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Mango Chicken Breast Dog Treats
- 1 medium mango skin and stone removed
- 1 chicken breast, skinless & boneless
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- In a blender add the mango and turmeric until smooth and pour into a large bowl.
- Slice the chicken breasts into ½ inch strips (thinner for crispier).
- Add the chicken breasts to the mango sauce and covered them in the sauce.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes as per the manufacturer instructions.
- Cook at 200C/400F for 15 minutes, turning over half way through.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Place the chicken strips on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden.