This easy mango chicken dog treats recipe has just 4 ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes. It's a great way to use your summer mangoes.
A gluten free dog treat that your dog will enjoy. Our dog's loved these, even the dog who is not a big mango fan.
As with all homemade dog treats they should be given in moderation and if you are counting the dogs calorie intake, account for these in addition to their meals.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
CAN DOGS EAT MANGO FRUIT?
The fruit of mangos is a great natural treat for dogs. They should not have the skin or stone but the flesh gives them a treat full of vitamins. Mangos are high with vitamin A, B6, C and E. They are also a good source of potassium which aids dog's muscles and nerves.
The fiber in mangos can also help towards an upset stomach.
Remember to go slowly when introducing new foods. And we recommend checking with your veterinarian first if your dog has any digestive issues or other health concerns.
- Shredded Chicken - We use poached shredded chicken breast.
- Mango - Fresh mango with skin and stone removed.
- Rolled oats - This could be replaced with coconut flour or ground flaxseed
- Egg - Room temperature
HOW TO MAKE MANGO CHICKEN DOG BALLS
This is a fairly moist mixture and easier to form into balls. If you wanted to use these ingredients to be able to roll and cut into cookies add some coconut flour or flaxseed to keep them gluten free. Rice flour would also work.
Mix all the ingredients together
Form into balls and bake
The mixture could be blended in a food processor for a smoother mixture. If it's too sticky add dog suitable flour to the mixture to firm it.
Keep these chicken dog treats in a sealed container in the refrigerator. They should last up to 3 to 4 days.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
These homemade dog treats can easily be frozen. Store them in a ziplock bag or sealed container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Defrost them in the fridge thoroughly.
We would advise no more than 2 a day and these are treats, not a meal substitute. If you are monitoring your dogs diet, include the calorie amount of these into their daily allowance.
MORE MANGO TREATS FOR DOGS
Mango Chicken Dog Treats Recipe
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup mango flesh chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Using damp hands form walnut sized balls and place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken mango balls are firm and golden.
- Allow to cool before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator.