Easy turkey pumpkin meatballs for dogs can be served as a main meal with a side of rice and vegetables or given as a treat. Make small ones for a training treat too.
Ground turkey and pumpkin are both great food for dogs. The ground turkey has a low fat content and the pumpkin is great for fiber and vitamins.
HOW TO MAKE TURKEY PUMPKIN MEATBALLS FOR DOGS
Just 5 ingredients are used to make these tasty turkey meatball dog treats.
- Ground turkey - If using frozen ground turkey, ensure that it is thoroughly defrosted before cooking.
- Pumpkin puree - We use our homemade pumpkin puree.
- Eggs - Helps to bind the mixture as well as being nutrious.
- Oats - Rolled oats are used.
- Rice Flour - Another flour could be substituted. The quantity made need to be adjusted.
Try serving these with a teaspoon of nutritional yeast on top. Nutritional yeast is a great source of complete amino acids and full of B vitamins.
We have also served this as a special treat with zucchini noodles as a doggie version of spaghetti and meatballs. The zucchini noodles make a healthier alternative to pasta and are a great source of vitamins for the dogs.
Always check with your veterinarian before introducing any new foods into your dog’s diet.
HOW TO STORE MEATBALLS FOR DOGS
Keep the turkey meatballs in an air tight container in the refrigerator. They will last 4-5 days.
You can freeze any leftover meatballs for use later. Store them in a ziplock bag and they will freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost them thoroughly in the refrigerator. They could be gently reheated before serving too.
More turkey recipes for dogs
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Turkey Pumpkin Meatballs for Dogs
- 2 cups ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup rice flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add all of the ingredient. Mix until all are combined. If the mixture is too moist, add more rice flour.
- Using damp hands or a cookie scoop, form medium sized meatballs.
- Bake for 20 minutes until firm and golden.